PolyComp (Pty) Ltd
PolyComp (Pty) Ltd., established in 1985, is level 4 B-BBEE contributor, a dynamic, fast-growing company with a large range of products that are used in the manufacturing, financial, advertising, travel, transport, sport and entertainment sectors.
PolyComp is committed to South African and international markets.
We have agents in Europe, Middle East, New Zealand, Australia, and America. We are currently establishing markets in South America, and plan to increase our market share in European and Middle Eastern Markets.
More than 50% of our production is exported.
PolyComp believes in rewarding excellence and is committed to the principles of employment equity and is currently developing workplace skills development programs for all of our employees.
Our company is technologically driven and service orientated.
The following dedicated departments will ensure your experience when choosing or designing your displays, is a pleasant one:
- Experienced sales people will visit your premises to determine your display needs. You could place your order telephonically or via our informative website at www.polycomp.co.za
- Our technical department will ensure that your requirements can be met and that they are suitable for your application.
- The production department will determine a suitable delivery time. Customers are welcome to contact the production personnel to determine the status of order. Should your display be a standard PolyComp product, excellent turnaround time can be offered.
- Our research and development department comprises of a team of experienced and committed engineers whose function is to do continual product assessment and improvements. They are also responsible for special projects that may require software or hardware developments. PolyComp has undertaken turnkey projects for large organizations such as Metro Rail, BMW, Standard Bank, JSE, Ford Motor Company, SAB (South African Breweries).
- Our service department is responsible for ensuring that products purchased from our factory meet the performance criteria of the customer and to effect the prompt repair at the factory or on the customer’s premises.
- Customers who require our installation team to install and commission displays can be assured of a professional job with minimum disruption or inconvenience.
PolyComp’s continued growth, in a difficult economic market, can be attributed to ongoing innovative design, employing cutting-edge technology and using the world market to source new manufacturers and products at competitive prices, making our products a cost-effective investment in any currency. Our Products
PolyComp is a market leader in the field of programmable electronic displays and offers a full range of displays that can be custom designed and developed for your unique requirements or one of our standard text products that only require a keyboard for entering text.
All of PolyComp’s products are CE approved and manufactured with high standards.
Standard products are enclosed with attractive, powder-coated or anodized aluminum extrusions. Outdoor enclosures are manufactured under IP standards.
PolyComp’s products will ensure that important ever-changing information will be easily available and visible to a few people at a time (teller indicators for banks) or stadium spectators (score-boards used for cricket, soccer, rugby, etc.)
Text displays with character heights of 1.2”(30mm), 2”(60mm), 4”(100mm), 6”(145mm), 8”(200mm), 12”(290mm) and 20”(480mm) are available for indoor and outdoor applications.
PolyComp’s products are modular, allowing great economy of design. Standard displays are designed using 8 characters per module, allowing customers the options of the above character sizes in configurations of 8. (e.g.: 8 , 16 , 24 , 32 , 40 .etc characters per line
Multi-line displays for specialized applications can be designed.
A comprehensive range of products is available, from a small high accuracy 4-digit clock to a 160 character multi-line 3-colour display.
We are South Africa’s market leaders in the manufacture of forex rate boards and interest rate boards for the financial and travel sectors. Rate boards are designed to suit the corporate image of the institution.
All products are available using red/amber, green and yellow LED’s (light-emitting diodes) for indoor and outdoor applications.
The following functions are available on all displays; wipe, slide, paint, roll-up or roll down, appear, flash and many more.
All of our products are user-friendly and with a little practice, very effective use can be made of your displays.
Ongoing, innovative development has made PolyComp’s high resolution, full-colour, video graphic displays (16 million colours and 1 billion colours) a market leader, which are rapidly becoming part of our urban landscape.
All of PolyComp’s products are designed and manufactured to use Microsoft Windows platforms.
We have developed specialized products such as overhead computerized chorus displays for churches, electronic prayer-time displays for mosques, global time and forex rates displays.
Display communications can be achieved by the use of RS232 or RS485 transmission cards in conjunction with LAN (local area networks), modems, telephone lines or radio transmission. Our Customers
PolyComp competes successfully on world markets and has undertaken major projects for diverse industries such as transport and banking.
Satisfied customers can be found from small shop owners to large multi-national companies.
Below are some major customers who have invested in our displays:
- Banking institutions such as Standard Bank, First National Bank, ABSA, NedCor, and many foreign banks.
- Medium and heavy industries such as ISCOR, SA Breweries, AECI, Nampak, and Anglo American Mines.
- Flight information displays at airports for Johannesburg, East London, Port Elizabeth, Bloemfontein, and George Airport.
- PolyComp has also installed flight information displays in Zambia, Zimbabwe, Botswana, Mozambique, and Madagascar.
- Manufacturers such as Philips, Siemens, Plessey, Toyota, and BMW.
- General displays were installed in Sandton City Shopping Centre, Fourways Mall, Kine Centre, and East Gate Mall.
- Alcatel (Bombay – India) – Train Information Displays.
- Vodafone Graphic Board – Piccadilly Circus.
- Alcatel Portugal – “Line 2” Passenger Information Displays.
- Israel: 5 x 20m2, Video Displays In Telaviv.
South Africa’s Election 99 data was displayed using PolyComp displays, which were used to display election results throughout the election process.
A turnkey project was successfully completed for Metro Rail in Johannesburg and Cape Town.